Suburban Extended Stay Hotel Wash. Dulles
45510 East Severn Way
Sterling, VA 20166
Phone: (703) 674-2299
Fax: (703) 674-2290
45510 East Severn Way, Sterling, VA, US, 20166
- Phone: (703) 674-2299
- Fax: (703) 674-2290
The Janelia is a mansion, which is a 16.7 acres (6.8 hectares) of land. Surrounded by the Jamelia Farm Research Campus, the house is designed in the French manor style, with a simple concrete and brick structure, hipped roofs and six chimneys the house stands out in it's beauty. The heavy wood doors at the entrance, the curvy staircase that leads one to the top, and the commanding view of the swimming pool from the French windows is all an absolute delight to watch.
Dranesville Tavern was built around 1850 and is located in Dranesville, Virginia. The building has a Greek Revival style of architecture. It is a wagon type of tavern and was moved from its original location and is now located near Herndon. It was added to National Register of Historic Places on November 9, 1972.
The perfect place for an afternoon of fun in the sun, a family vacation, or even your wedding, this popular park is situated on the scenic Potomac shore and it includes many amenities such as an 18 hole, par 72 golf course with driving range and pro shop, a meeting center, riverfront vacation cottages, boat and rv storage space, picnic shelters, a miniature golf course, a water park, a children's playground, two mile nature trail, fishing opportunities, and a boat ramp.
Merrybrook is the only known house of American Civil War Confederate spy Laura Ratcliffe. The group called 'Friends of Laura Ratcliffe' conserve this home that featured in the National Historic Register in 2007.
One of the busiest branches in the Fairfax County Public Library system, this library offers a collection of more than 215,000 volumes, a large selection of recorded books, an environmental collection, business and financial resources, access to the Internet, a separate children's wings, and a large collection of newspapers and magazines.
Located within the Frying Pan Farm Park, this structure was built as Baptist church in the late 1700s. The building was left abandoned over the years and in 1984, Fairfax County Park Authority took control over maintaining the property. The Frying Pan Spring Meeting House was enlisted in the National Register of Historic Places in 1991. The property includes a cemetery, baptismal pond and springs. Call ahead for tour of this Virginia landmark.
As the Nation's largest earth-science agency, the U.S Geological Survey collects, analyzes, interprets, and distributes data on mineral, land, and water resources to all levels of government, educators, private industry, and the public. A variety of forms, including reports, educational materials, and digital data aerial, can be found at this library.
Dedicated to preserving and interpreting a rural community setting in a suburban environment, this park recreates the era from 1920 to 1940, a time of great transition in rural America. The park is home to many farm animals, Kidwell Park which provides a glimpse of the patterns of family farming, numerous historic buildings, a circa 1911 schoolhouse, a Virginia Landmark meeting house, equestrian facilities, and a county store.
This 476 acre park includes an 18 acre lake for fishing and boating, an outdoor swimming pool enveloped by a lazy river, pedal boat rentals, a carousel, a seasonal campground open from March to December, nature trails, picnic areas, and a children's playground.
Surrounded by lush trees, the Colvin Run Mill is a 19th-century water power mill. You can picnic on its landscaped gardens and stroll through its historic general store for some snacks, drinks, candy, toys, books, grits and stone ground corn. The restored structure circa 1811 was considered to be a technological wonder of that time. This is one of those remarkable places where there are events such as live music, ice cream making, wood carving and craft sessions to make your trip all the more memorable. A tour to the mill will show you how the stones grind grain and hear stories of the history of this mill. A visit to Colvin Run Mill will not only fascinating but also vibrant with its various activities.
Finding its place in the American Association of Museums and in the National Register of Historic Places, Sully Historic Site is a beautiful attractions in Chantilly. Often known as Sully Plantation, this site now comprises of approximately 120 acres, including outbuildings, slave gardens and a historical park. The site's historic importance talks about the then owner Richard Bland Lee, which is very evident in the property's displays.
Virginia's only known grist mill powered by twin overshot water wheels, this merchant mill grounds wheat into superfine flour for commercial export. Early visitors to the mill included President James Monroe, who ground grain here while living at nearby Oak Hill, and Confederate Colonel John Singleton Mosby, who captured Union Soldiers at the mill during the Civil War.